Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thanksgiving "Feast" in Korea and 20lbs GONE!

Thanksgiving has come and gone here in the Land of the Morning Calm. Marc and I are thrilled that this was the last one on this side of the planet! We hadn't intended on cooking any special food, but at the last minute I decided to make a little something special. I made pecan-crusted chicken breasts, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans. That's about as close to Thanksgiving cooking as I can get without having an oven.

Oh, something I learned while making my pecan-crusted chicken: dried parsley can get worms if it gets too old. I learned this AFTER I added it to the pecans. Luckily, I had plenty of pecans so I just threw out that first mixture, and you know what? The chicken turned out just fine without the totally useless herb known as parsley!



Today we went downtown and enjoyed turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted root veggies, and pumpkin and apple pie. Well, I managed to eat about a third of my plate, and I had just a sliver of the pumpkin pie. The woman who made it omitted the cream and milk and used soymilk--oh my God, it was the BEST pumpkin pie I've ever had! 


Now we're back home and I'm making chili for dinner. It's my dad's secret recipe, and this is the first time I'm making it myself so cross your fingers that it turns out okay. The apartment smells divine already, so I have high hopes that it will be delicious. The only thing I'm sad about is that I can't have the 2 FULL bowls of it that I used to eat in one sitting! Oh well, I guess this way it will just last longer.


OH! I almost forgot to mention--I'm officially down 20lbs since surgery! Wahooo!

8 comments:

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Congrats on the 20 pounds loss !

I love chili too - enjoy !

~Lisa~ said...

Congratulations on the 20 pounds GONE!! Great job!! It's snowing here today, and that chili sounds soooooo good - you gave me a great idea for dinner! Thank you!

Justawallflower said...

That is so wonderful! And your meal sounds lovely. I make a pretty mean chili, and since i'm not much of a cook, that says a lot! I hope yours turns out great!

Darlin1 said...

20 lbs down----whoo-hoooooo!!!

Something About Kellie said...

20 pds is awesome!!! :D The food listed sounds so yummy!

Rachel said...

20 lbs is awesome!!!

Mary said...

You are doing so good!!!! Yay for you!

Violinist with a Band said...

Happy Thanksgiving and CONGRATS ON THE 20 POUNDS!!! Nice :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com