Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cats and Weight and Oatmeal, oh my!

Okay, so I have 2 cats that I love dearly. I swear, if I wasn't married, I'd be a scary cat lady by now. Anyway, their names are Mewster and Elliot. Mewster is a 15 pound 9-year-old tuxedo, and Elliot is a 10-pound almost 3-year-old gray tabby.


Elliot tends to keep to himself more, but Mewster likes to be very... involved... in what we're doing. For example, he adores strawberry yogurt. It's like he has a radar that announces when I'm about to eat strawberry yogurt and he will literally steal it off the spoon while I'm trying to eat. If I set the cup on a table, he will stick his face in and go to town. Another example: I'm sitting here trying to type, and Mewster just came laid across my arm. Basically, his butt's on the table and his front half is being held up mid-air by my arm.

My weight is kind of at a stand-still, as the scale hasn't moved since Sunday. I know, I know, only a couple of days, but I liked seeing it go down every day! Probably has to do with eating solid foods again. I increased my walking a little bit, and today I'm going to try to incorporate some Jillian Michaels (maybe No More Trouble Zones, as 30 Day Shred may be a bit too much).

Today I decided would be a good day to try something besides a protein drink for breakfast, so I made some instant oatmeal (Apples and Cinnamon). Oh God, I think I had two bites off my baby spoon and now I'm stuck. I even chewed the mush! I wonder if this means I'm going to be one of those super-tight-in-the-morning people. I'm trying to just wait it out and not PB, but it's really painful and I may end up giving in.

Yesterday I made chicken fajitas for lunch. I took a tortilla and cut it into quarters and put little spoonfuls of chicken and veggies on each one, then topped with salsa and cheese. I microwaved it so it'd be all gooey. Of course, after not even two quarters I was done so I had the rest for dinner--didn't get stuck at all! Now this morning I can't even do oatmeal???! Grrrr. Oh well. Learning experience, I keep telling myself.

Have a good day!

5 comments:

DiZneDiVa said...

Thanx for visiting my blog... It sounds like you are doing amazing so far... I have 2 awesome bandster blogger friends in Alabama near Birmingham... Kim(Goodbye Fatty McButterpants) and Kristen(*Kristen's Lapband Journey)... I am not sure if you follow them but They are fantastic girls and now friends. Keep up the good work. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Darlin1 said...

You've done really well to start!! The band is a funny thing with a mind all it's own---good luck!

Amanda said...

I have heard that mornings can be bad for bandsters!! You'll figure this all out! I love your owl BTW! I have a thing for owls!

~Lisa~ said...

Your cats are absolutely adorable!! I've always said that is my goal in life - to be that crazy lady who lives in the big house up the road, with all the cats!

I have heard that morning is a tough time - but those fajita's sound scrumptious! Good luck to you!!

Unknown said...

Elliot doesn't look near as cross-eyed in that picture as he normally does. At least he's photogenic.
And, this is a comment to the wrong post, but to track food, I've been using "My Fitness Pal" it's an iPhone app, but there is also a website - which you could easily link to the blog for accountability.
www.myfitnesspal.com
Love you! Keep up the good work. That scale will move, damn it. Just keep working at it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com