Friday, November 12, 2010

And the angels rejoiced...

Because Christina's scale finally moved!

It moved down a whole pound! Unfortunately, it doesn't really feel like it since I weigh myself in kilograms and the number on the scale only moved from 119.6kg to 119.1kg and visually my eyes do not register that as very much. Thank goodness for my handy-dandy weight converter on my MacBook!

I have to keep reminding myself that I probably will still be a slow loser due to the PCOS. However slowly I lose the weight, it's still faster than I was going before. I don't track my food (yet); I think I'm going to start though. What do you recommend, especially for a n00b like me?

I have to tell you about this conversation with one my middle school classes yesterday. It's my last class of the night, so it's from 9:05 - 10pm, and there are 7 boys, 3 girls. The only rule I have for them is to only speak English. They can talk and have fun and do whatever, so long as it's in English. I gave the class a fancy box of pepero (that another student had given me) and as they were eating, a couple of the boys whispered something to each other and started laughing uncontrollably. *Almost all of them use English nicknames*

Me: Aw, what's the joke? We want to know the joke!
Vincent: Teacher, there's no joke.
Ji Won: Really teacher, it's nothing.
Me: I think you're lying. Are you lying? You know you shouldn't lie.
*They look at each other conspiringly*
Vincent: Okay Teacher. No Jaeshi ["Jaeshi" is basically detention]?
Me: Uh oh. Does the joke talk about teacher being fat?
Ji Won, Vincent, Hyun: Teacher NO! Really!
Me: Is it about bad words?
Vincent: No, Teacher.
Me: Okay. No Jaeshi.
Vincent: Okay. When Ji Won was eating the pepero, he was... um... eating... something else. (His eyes got really big, and nodded his head, like he was willing me to understand.

And the whole class proceeds to burst into hysterical laughter. Because a lot of times they seem younger than they are, I forget sometimes that they're 13 and 14-year-old boys. I just shook my head; although I'm still wondering if they were referring to poop or penises (kids here are obsessed with their poop. They especially love drawing it on their papers.). The pepero I gave them was bigger than average, and I can see how they'd think it looked like a turd. There's still a lot of stigma attached to being gay (like it may as well be illegal), so I'm leaning toward the poop theory.

Enjoy your Saturday!

5 comments:

kazz said...

I have PCOS too Christina so know how hard it can be...but a half kilo drop is fab :) How many calories will you aim for now your post surgery?

Rachel said...

Good for you...congrats on the loss!

P said...

Yea!! A loss is a loss!! That's great! I have been using livestrong for tracking food. I like that it has a lot of things in the database already - plus it breaks down protein as well as fat and calories and such. Plus it gives you a pie chart showing protein - which the visual learner part of me loves as well. Bonus - it's free.

~Lisa~ said...

lol @ the joke! I have two sons, so I completely understand! Unfortunately, they really don't outgrow it either!

Congrats on your loss! I'm proud of YOU!!

Anonymous said...

PCOS can be a pain trust me but you can do this. I am 12 pounds from my goal :) Your stomachs still healing so don't push yourself too hard. The first few months are supposed to be a healing time if you lose weight then its a bonus :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com