This is going to be a bullet point post, because that just seems way easier.
- Since my last post, I returned to work. It's been an adjustment, but it's not that bad. At least it gets me out of the house everyday! The worst part is having to pump 3x while at work; as I said before, I just feel like a dairy cow! It also didn't help when people would tell me how gross or disgusting it was. I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T.
- I had to go to San Diego a few weeks ago for work, and Marc and Karinne went with me. We expected the worst, but she really wasn't that bad on the plane. She cried a little, maybe a total of 20 minutes--not bad for 6 hours of flying!
- We traveled to New Orleans for Thanksgiving (Marc's father's side of the family all live there). I think she was actually worse on that 5-hour car ride than on the plane. However, she was a doll when it was time to meet the 30+ family members.
- Our "good" car died last Saturday. We were driving and suddenly everything just stopped. It was insane. Turns out the engine broke. Luckily, we have a lifetime engine warranty so we're 98% percent sure it'll be taken care of; we're just waiting on the final word from the inspector. Unfortunately, we're only going to have 1 car for a while--just a minor inconvenience.
- I got a raise at work. It really came at such a perfect time; I was feeling really down about our money situation, especially with Christmas coming up and the car breaking down, and then I got the raise. However, I'm having a difficult time refraining from celebrating by spending lots of money.
- My one-year bandiversary came and went on October 30th. While I'm definitely not where I'd hoped to be by now as far as my weight is concerned, I'm still please with where I'm at. I mean, I had an entire pregnancy during that time! I'm still about 35-40 pounds (depending on the day/hour) down from my surgery date, so that's something to be proud of. I have to start exercising though--much easier said than done, right now anyway. I'd really like to be much closer to goal (if not already there) by the next time I get pregnant!
|Daddy and baby, taking a break at the San Diego Zoo|
|Mommy and baby in front of the lions|