Wednesday, August 17, 2011

happy 2-week birthday, Karinne!

Karinne is 2 weeks old today--on one hand I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since she was born, but on the other hand it's also felt like the longest 2 weeks of. my. life. The days aren't so bad, really... on Monday we took our first adventure to PetSmart, Target, and a Mexican restaurant... but the nights are still pretty rough. Last night wasn't too bad... I actually got to sleep in a few 2- and 3-hour stretches. I know it'll get better though... as many people have told me, "this too shall pass".

In weight-related news, I weighed 268 on the day I delivered. Today, I am 231 and some change. I love giving birth! Considering that my pre-preg weight was 252 and I got down to about 235 before I started gaining during the pregnancy, I'll call it a victory!

Enough posting for today. I have to go take care of a baby!

3 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

I don't miss those sleepless nights! Hang in there!

Darlin1 said...

Good for you on the weight loss....I'd say, you did GREAT!

Give that baby a kiss for me ;-)

Justawallflower said...

Wow, that is beyond great! You did great with your weight gain during the pregnancy, but awesome since! And don't worry, in 18 years you'll start sleeping good again! so kidding.....sort of! I loved the middle of the night feedings. It was our time to bond, just the two of us. Enjoy it, even through your exhaustion. She is beyond worth it....but you already know that!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com