Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meet Karinne.

Just wanted to update you all with some news:

Karinne Elise Prados made her grand entrance into the world on August 3, 2011, at 3:06pm. She's 20.5 inches long and 8lbs 4oz. We went to our 40-week appointment that morning and realized that her heart rate was dropping drastically with just the little "nothing" contractions I was having and the doctor was afraid to let me go into labor on my own and wanted to do a c-section that day. When they did the c-section (a mere 3 hours later!), she had her cord wrapped tightly around her neck which was causing her heart rate to drop. I may not have had the natural birth experience that I'd hoped for, but I have my healthy baby girl. I'll post a full story and more pictures later on, but I wanted to go ahead and share the news :)


Right after she was born



Her first milk coma :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful. Congrats, she's lovely!

Darlin1 said...

Ohhhh....you both are so beautiful. Wishing you all the best!

XO

Justawallflower said...

She's beautiful! congrats to you. I am glad she is okay, and that you are okay as well. Enjoy this road you are going down.

Anonymous said...

How precious! Congratulations!

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh my heavens she is soooo beautiful!! The Grammy in me just wants to snuggle her all up!!

Congratulation, Lovely Mama!! I am soooo thrilled for YOU!

Something About Kellie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations - I am so thankful they took that action then and there :) How precious :)

Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing...she is beautiful and you look great.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com