Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the blog formerly known as Memoirs of a Daegu Fatty

Today I decided it was time to *really* update my blog. Let's face it, this ain't the same girl who started this blog back in October. I've been contemplating the change for a while, I just couldn't think of how I wanted to change it. I mean, first of all, I'm not in Daegu anymore. Secondly, I HAD A BABY. I'm pretty sure that my life is no longer just about not wanting to be a fatty.

I decided that this blog has become more than just a lap band or weight loss blog... it's about everything in-between because losing weight, especially a LOT of weight, affects every part of your life. My weight loss journey has been on the back burner for a while now; I was mindful of my weight while I was pregnant, but it wasn't a priority. Now I have to get back into that mindset while taking care of a newborn, preparing to go back to work, and remembering that I have a husband too.

As I was sitting here this morning, with my new baby girl sleeping on my chest, I realized that this journey is, and always has been, about finding my way home. It's been about finding my way to that place of contentment and happiness, whether in an apartment in South Korea, a house in Alabama, or walking down a sidewalk on a sunny day. I know I'm home, finally, and this blog is the story of how I got there and what I'm doing and how I'm improving it every day.

1 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I love this! And where I blog is mainly a weight loss blog, it was never solely that. I use it for whatever I feel I need to put out there. I prefer those type of blogs the most. I look forward to following your life journey, and not just your weight loss journey.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com