Wednesday, August 31, 2011

4 weeks? Really?

I can't believe my baby is already 4 weeks old! She's getting to be more alert every day and she's started making little cooing noises (yay for sounds besides crying, haha). Her nighttime sleeping isn't terrible, though the closer it gets to dawn, the shorter her sleeps are--for example, last night she slept from about 10-2:30, 3-5, 6-7:30. I guess it could be worse.

We're thinking about when to start putting her in her crib in her own room... I'm a little nervous, only because our room is downstairs and hers is upstairs and it just seems so.far.away. I think next week we'll start putting her up there for naps and then after a couple of days do the whole nighttime thing. Those of you with kids, when did you put them in their own room?

We've been trying to get out more and more with Karinne; she's been pretty good in restaurants, only once so far has Marc had to take a walk with her. We went to a park last week to enjoy the weather and listen to some live music. I'll leave you with pictures from that excursion:

Sloss Furnace and downtown Birmingham



tummy time!

4 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh she is gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the photos!

Have you got a baby monitor?? They're great for when it's time to put them in their own room! I put my boys in at about a month, maybe six weeks...

Darlin1 said...

Awe... she's getting bigger ;-) Monitor's are great!!

Rachel said...

she is beautiful!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

your posts don't show up on my reader. it's so weird!

i think gage was about two months old when we put him in his room. owsley was a little over a month because he grunted and growled so much in his sleep that it kept me awake all night long.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com