Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Week!

Wow, I can't believe it's just one week until we're on a plane back to the good ol' U. S. of A. We'll be getting on our plane in Busan, South Korea, at 11:15am on Monday the 25th and landing in Dallas at 4:49pm on Monday the 25th. It's a total of 19.5 hours with 2 layovers (Tokyo and Minneapolis). The longest stretch will be Tokyo-Minneapolis, about 12 hours. Once we get to Dallas, we'll be staying with Marc's parents for a week and then drive to Birmingham where we'll stay with my sister until we find a place of our own.

It's a little strange... I always knew our life in Korea was temporary, but it's weird to think that the life we've made here for the last 2.5 years is coming to an end. It's like someone pushed "pause" on our Birmingham life and now they're just going to push "play" and we'll keep going like nothing happened. I'm even going back to the same company I worked for before we left! Of course, I'll be coming back with a baby in tow, but you know... details.

I know that I'm NOT the same person that I was 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago. I don't look the same, I don't feel the same... thank God for that.

Waiting for my flight to Korea; February 14, 2009

April 11, 2009; Gyeongju, South Korea

October 2, 2009; Kyoto, Japan

January 1, 2010; Seoul, South Korea

February 19, 2010; Daegu, South Korea

June 12, 2010; Beijing, China 
September 22, 2010; Andong, South Korea

One month later, on October 30, I got my Lap-Band. Shortly after that, on December 4, I found out I was pregnant. I continued to lose weight, and now I'm no longer afraid of full-body photos. (I would post one that I took recently NOT in front of my refrigerator, but Blogger doesn't seem to find photos that I've just uploaded.)
April 9, 2011; Daegu and 23 weeks pregnant!
I really hope the cats do okay on the flight. We're taking them as carry-ons this time--I hope they're quiet and don't poop or pee in their carriers. Our older cat's had some bloody poop this week (mmm, I know you wanted to know that!) so we took him to the vet because we need him HEALTHY to make this flight! He seems okay... his personality hasn't changed or anything. He pooped last night for the first time in 2 days, but it was all covered up by the time Marc got in there to check it out. I'm sure he's fine. It's annoying because in 2.5 years he hasn't had a single issue, and now just before we're supposed to leave he has this! Argh.

In other news, we've been trying to sell some of our stuff before we leave, because whatever we leave here will basically be given to our school to give to future teachers. (We sent an email to the 100+ teachers with our company.) I'd arranged with one guy for him to come by on Saturday at 1pm to pick up his stuff,  and gave him my phone # in case there was a problem. He EMAILS me at 12:30 on Saturday to say that he wouldn't be able to come by but he'll be "in the area" on Monday around 3pm and can come then. Well, I leave for work at 3:10 and Marc leaves at 3:20--and I'm sure he won't be here by 3pm. We were so angry because we'd put our day on hold for this; I'd gotten up early to dust off his furniture and clear everything so he could take it, and more than likely he'd just woken up from his night of drinking and couldn't be bothered to come get his stuff. Marc took my computer and replied back quite strongly, making it clear that we were NOT happy. The guy never responded and now I have no idea if he's actually going to show up today. Whatever. One thing we're happy to leave behind is the immature attitude of 90% of the foreign teachers here; everyone has at least graduated college, yet they still act like they're in college and drink and party every night. I wouldn't care about this guy so much, except that he's actually (supposed to be) taking a good bit of our stuff--I wouldn't care if it was just 1 or 2 things.

Ah well. Just one more week. I hope it flies. I'm going to make cookies now to give to our cleaning lady tomorrow.


Justawallflower said...

Good luck to you with you move! I hope you have a good flight and get settled quickly! We have started the count down on our own move, 11 Days! We are also selling some stuff. Our neighbor was suppose to come get our table last weekend, but now can't until this weekend. If he backs out I will be irate, we had two other people who were interested in it, and gonna give us 20 more than him, but we were trying to be neighborly!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Template by