Monday, November 1, 2010

It's a new day, y'all

I have a follower! Wahooooo! Thanks Mary :) Hopefully more people will start to "follow" in your footsteps ;)

I never did make it out yesterday to take a walk; I opted just to walk around my apartment instead. It's getting cold here and my jackets haven't arrived from Eddie Bauer yet. The last jacket I ordered from Eddie Bauer was 2 years ago, a size 2X, and I had to remove the liner so I didn't look like a stay-puf marshmallow (totally defeating the purpose of my expensive winter coat). The jacket I ordered this time is still a 2X, but hopefully it will fit well and maybe even be a little loose (since I've lost nearly 30 pounds).

Oooh, I just thought of something I need to buy; a tape measure! I wonder if I can find one at E-Mart (kind of like SuperTarget). I want to start taking my measurements, and it would also be helpful with all the clothes I order online. I'm a little embarrassed to admit just how much money I've wasted on ordering clothes and bras that finally make it to Korea and they just don't fit, but it's not worth the money to send them back.

One of my goals is to be able to fit into SOMETHING that I buy in Korea; I've got about 6 months to do it, so I'm not sure if I can really make it happen. I went to the Gap here once, thinking they'd have the same sizes as in the US (I can wear their XXL tops), and was horrified to find that their largest size was equivalent to an 8. An 8! Now, I've seen fat Koreans, and I know that Dr. Kwon has plenty of patients, so where the heck do they buy their clothes? Oh well. There's another "international" store here called Zara, and they go up to a true L/XL, so maybe I'll just have to settle on buying something from there before I leave Korea.

On a different note, one of my friends that I hadn't told about the surgery found this blog yesterday. It's not a huge deal, as I wanted to tell her anyway but kept chickening out, but now I'm slightly nervous about other people that I don't really care to tell finding it too. I guess she was reading my other blog and clicked on my name which took her to my profile... I'm thinking most people won't care enough to actually do all that, and it's not like I'm REALLY trying to keep it a secret--I'm just not telling people who don't ask :)

Okay, enough rambling. Here are some random photos!

My cool pain med pump that was attached to me for 2 days

My protein powder that I'm 90% sure I'm mixing correctly
xoxo
Christina

5 comments:

Tully said...

Updated the link!

Wow, that pain pump thing is cool, but scary too!

Michelle said...

Wow I did not have a pain pump.. No fair no fair.. LOL.. Welcome to lapband world.

Michelle said...

PS we have the same starting weight... Same bmi.. Just wondering what your height is.. LOL.. I am 5'9..

Dinnerland said...

Congratulations on starting the journey to a new you!! The post op period was hard for me (check out my blog, I was banded on 1/4/10) but it passes rather quickly.
Hang in there and you will do GREAT!!

Violinist with a Band said...

Hey! I just commented on your LBT post (isaviolinist). My fiance's mom is a size 10 or so (which is large by Korean standards, I know...shes a doctor and works 6-7 days a week from 7am-8pm and she loves food, and she doesn't have time to work out...so she's a size 10, which to me is great...I would love to be a 10). I think she orders her clothes from some place in France, or when she comes to the states to visit us she buys clothing here. Maybe I will ask her where she buy clothes. If I find out, I'll let you know!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com