Thursday, December 16, 2010

What is Jjimdalk?

I didn't say what jjimdalk was in my last post because I didn't want to bore you with such mundane details, but since someone actually asked...

Jjimdalk is one of the tastier dishes I've had here, and therefore I decided to try to make it homemade. It's a mixture of chicken chunks, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, green onion, ONE jalepeno, soy sauce, rice syrup, and sweet potato noodles (also called "glass noodles" because they look clear) all stewed together in a big pot. It was delicious! (Rae, think Andong chicken without the face-melting spice.)

Here's a picture (not mine):


Oh, and for the Taco Bell question: Saturday I ate at Taco Bell in Seoul, and there's nothing special on the menu (except they have french fries) but it is pretty limited. No meximelts or mexican pizzas! However, Taco Bell on Sunday came from the Army base here, and it's exactly the same.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Yum! That sounds so good. I could make that I think!

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh that looks absolutely delish!! I would love to try that!! If Amanda is making it, I'll be sure to stop over for a taste!!

Rachel said...

I love this dish...I love Korean food...its the food I grew up. Your interpretations are pretty good! It seems like you are fully soaking up all the experiences from your travels and stay in Asia...that is really cool.

Anonymous said...

Eeeep! My questions were answered! I feel so special. And I'll have to give jjimdalk a try.

Unknown said...

That sounds delicious. And not as lethal as Andong Chicken. I wonder if glass noodles can be procured state-side... Let me know if you know of a connection. -Rae

Michelle said...

Hmmm that sounds good. I would love to try the sweet potato noodles. That sound interesting.... YUMMY...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com