Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life... as I know it

Thank you for all the sweet comments regarding my last post's announcement. You guys are awesome!

I think I decided on a name for my band. Lola. You know, like the Lola song from the Kinks? Love that one. I hope it's not anyone else's band's name, I'll be sad. It just came to me as I started typing this post.

Ohhhh dear. I haven't been the best bandster lately, at all. I keep eating too dang fast, especially if we go out to eat. I do okay when I'm at home though. I guess this means I shouldn't eat out too much, huh? It's like, I still WANT to be able to eat my face off, but I can't. Thank goodness Lola keeps me in check and has me on auto-upchuck every time I start to overdo it. Whenever I throw up now, Marc asks me whether it's morning sickness or band sickness.

I've also been eating more ice cream and drinking delicious mochas and I ate way too many Christmas treats. I finally dumped the rest of the treats at work--I had to get them out of here!  I haven't really had any cravings, at least I don't think I have. Okay, except maybe ice cream. There's a Baskin Robbins right next to my work and I've never wanted it. However, one day when I was feeling particularly nauseous I saw it in a whole new light. (Seriously, it's like heaven opened and angels were singing.) Since then, I've had it several more times on my way to work! Ack.

I weighed in at 244.9 this morning--almost to the 230's! I bet if I actually ate like I was supposed to be eating, I'd lose faster. However, being pregnant and all, I'm not supposed to be thinking about weight loss. Yeah, that's like telling an alcoholic not to think about their next drink. I can't just turn off my obsession with the scale. Eventually, whenever I should actually gain weight with this pregnancy, I hope I maintain.

Alright, I'm out.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Think of eat bite as a gift for the baby...you can impact/his/her health so positively via nutrition. You are a caring and sweet person...you will be a great mom...excited for you.

http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com

~Lisa~ said...

I am so thrilled for you! And you're right... You need to be thinking of the little one right now... Maybe the little one just wanted a sweet ot two!

I love the name Lola! Great pick!

Katie V. said...

Congrats on the baby! Lola is a great name, I'm interested to see what you pick for the baby :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....you ever really listen to the lyrics of the song? Just a thought. ;-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com