Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 Posts - Day 22

Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else


This is kind of a toughie. It's not easy to put on paper what makes you unique.

I'm going to post something I wrote when I was a junior in college. It started out as 100 facts about me, but turned into 50 because it's really difficult!

December 4, 2004:

1. I can't fall asleep with my socks on.
2. I love sitting in my room with no lights except a candle or two burning.
3. I am extremely picky when it comes to the guys that I date.
4. I have been overweight for the majority of my life.
5. My spine is crooked.
6. I hate politics.
7. My favorite clothes are my jeans and some quirky t-shirt with my old chuck taylors.
8. My favorite movie of all time is Ever After. 
9. When I was 5, I told my parents I wanted to be an orphan; I didn't realize at the time that it meant they would have to die.
10. I routinely clean out my buddy list. [Remember AIM?]
11. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, but I definitely prefer the slower stuff. The more emotion it brings out of me, the better.
12. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do when I graduate next year.
13. I tend to exaggerate the small things in my life so I seem somewhat interesting to those around me. I've been doing it for so long that I hardly remember the truth anymore.
14. I'm a shower freak. 
15. I haven't been to my European Political Systems class since October 29.
16. I have 4 older siblings; 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
17. I used to think I enjoyed drinking, being drunk, but I realize now that I never did. I only wanted to be drunk so I'd forget about being depressed for a few hours, but after a while I would just end up crying for no reason. So now, I just hardly drink at all. It doesn't even taste that good.
18. I own a purple bowling ball and pink bowling bag. I bought them for 2 dollars at the thrift store in 2001, they go with me to every place I move to, but I have yet to actually use the ball.
19. I can't stand to hear people talking down on themselves. I offer a few words to try to help because I know the depressed feeling, but when they absolutely insist that I'm wrong and they're absolutely sure that they're good for nothing, then I get pissy. Everybody is good for something, even if it's just going behind people and cleaning up their boogers.
20. I absolutely love sunshine and warmth. I hate the cold. I get depressed to easily when it's cold out.
21. I love cheesy old love songs.
22. I've done pot before. I liked it at the time, but now that I think back, it's the same as the alcohol; I only did it to forget what I was so unhappy about. I don't think I'm going to do it again, ever.
23. The smell of vanilla candles is super sexy.
24. I am certain that God will provide. Whenever I'm in a bind, He always comes through. There's no reason for me to start doubting Him now.
25. I want to save the world. Let me go to Africa, please. Just let me live there. If I can't save them, let me join them. [I was filling out my Peace Corps application before I met Marc in June 2005]
26. I'm not courageous at all. I have no balls (physically nor metaphorically). 
27. I'm not a virgin. You may think I am, but you haven't asked and I haven't told you otherwise. Sorry to destroy your image of me; God still loves me, so can you.
28. You know why I don't go to church? I hate it. I hate what it's become. I feel closer to God in my bedroom than in any church I've been to in the last few years.
29. I pick my nose. It's gotten worse since I got my nose ring since the boogers always get caught on the inside of it. Tickles like a mofo :)
30. I hate tea and gum makes me want to vomit.
31. I daydream, alot.
32. It's hard to come up with 100 things you might not know about me.
33. My IQ is somewhere around 140. That means I'm a genius, bitches.
34. Unfortunately, "genius" is not synonymous with "ambitious."
35. I think about my ex-boyfriends every day. I wish you the best, N---. You may be a bastard, but there was a reason I loved you. As for you, P---, I'm sorry I went psycho on you. I blamed you for a lot, and I don't regret anything I said or did. I'm just sorry I didn't handle it better. [Oh please. I regret acting like a fool!]
36. Having a long-distance relationship is one of the most difficult things in the world. I thought I wouldn't mind it at first because I've become pretty independent. Unfortunately, as our feelings for each other have grown, it's become more and more difficult to deal with the fact that he's 90 miles away, we're both broke as hell, and who knows when we're gonna be able to live in the same town. [I broke up with this guy just before Valentine's Day. He cried. I didn't.]
37. I am incredibly emotional. For instance, I have tears in my eyes after writing number 36.
38. I believe that your 20's are a time of discovery and growth. So I've done some things that weren't so good; I don't think I really could grow and learn about myself if I hadn't done them. Some might consider that ignorant or immature, but that's okay. They're not me.
39. I'm really getting into this list.
40. One of the most amazing things I've witnessed was July 2002 when Rachel and I went to Washington, D.C. We decided to visit the monuments after midnight--it was kinda scary walking through the dark paths. On the steps of one of the memorials (Lincoln, I think), some people were holding some kind of peace rally, I'd call it. A hundred or so people were sitting on the steps, perfectly still, praying. It was incredible.
41. I love God with all my heart. If you'd like to argue with that, I hate to tell you that it won't be much of a debate. I have nothing to prove to you.
42. I adore piano music. This is why I love Something Corporate and Ben Folds so much. Oh man.
43. I've never had a boyfriend on my birthday.
44. I actually love my job. (If only it paid a bit more...) [Starbucks!]
45. Dashboard Confessional's "Remember to Breathe" makes me melt.
46. My mom is a cancer survivor.
47. So is my dad.
48. I never got to meet any of my grandparents, though from what I hear they were magnificent people.
49. I feel good in trendy clothes, but I'd rather dress in ratty jeans and my favorite shirt any day.
50. It's taken me 2 days to get to this point!

I hope you enjoyed our step back in time!

1 comments:

Amy W. said...

That is so cool that you still have that. Man...its funny how and what we think are important at the time huh? Also, kudos to your professor bc that's an awesome assignment and what a way for he/she to get to know the students!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com