Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekends are much too short

It's already Sunday and I'm already getting the "I don't wanna go to work tomorrow!"s. I'm listening to Death Cab for Cutie right now, and it's totally taking me back to my college days. I love reminiscing, the good and even the not-so-good.

Marc is still sleeping (it's 11:55!) but apparently he can't wake up unless I force him outta bed. Seriously, it's like I'm married to a teenager sometimes! He's got plans to hang out with some of his man friends today, so I'll have the place to myself for about 5-6 hours. What to do, what to do?? Maybe I'll clean up our pigsty of an apartment and then go to Starbucks for a couple hours. Not having a car means I have to make these trips to Starbucks worthwhile--no quick trips for me!

I watched 4 movies yesterday--Shutter Island, Winter's Bone, No Country for Old Men, and The Social Network. They all were really good! I've had them downloaded for a while, and I'm glad I finally watched them. I did not feel as if I simply wasted 8 hours of my day. I figure I need to enjoy these lazy days while I can because I'm pretty sure that in a few months, I will forget what it's like to have a lazy day for a loooong time.

In lapband news, I think I've discovered a pattern in my weight loss. It seems that one day I'll lose a couple of pounds then stall for 2-3 days, then drop another few pounds and stall again. This is fine by me, as the scale is most definitely moving in the right direction. I actually weigh myself in kilograms and then convert it to pounds, so for a minute I'm just going to talk in kilograms. For the last few days I've been hanging out around 108.8-109kg (239.8-240.3lbs), and then today I dropped down to 107.5 (236.9lbs). I weighed twice to double check because I basically had ice cream for dinner last night (nothing else would stay down) and I couldn't believe that after an ice cream dinner the scale gods still let me lose weight.

Well, if you made it through my rambling, then thank you for being so dedicated. Or maybe you're just having a lazy day too :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I think its great to have a laid back day...it is so rejuvenating...Stay well and warm.

~Lisa~ said...

Trust me Honeygirl, you won't have a restful day for the next 25 years!! Just kidding! Enjoy them now while you can, they're going to be scarce for awile!

And I love reading your rambling! Ramble on anytime!!

Violinist with a Band said...

We've been having a Lost marathon all weekend so don't worry, you're not alone :P I have the same weight loss pattern as you. Drop a few pounds, stall, drop a few more. I've been trying to expect it so I don't get disappointed when i stall. Great job on your loss!

Also, my fiancé is the same about getting out of bed in the morning. Sometimes I think I should summon an army to wake him (although not totally confident that it would actually work :P).

Anonymous said...

Wasn't The Social Network great? I saw it for the first time the other night. Super movie. And my wife is the same way...sleeps like a champ!

You know, you'd think by this point, I'd understand some of the basics of weight loss. Aside from the basic "eat less, exercise more" it still confounds me. The body is a strange, confusing set of biochemical processes.

Kristen said...

Girl, I love having "me" time to do whatever I want to do! And four movies...that is impressive! I have heard people talking about Social Network. I think I need to see it! Sounds like you are doing great weight loss wise! Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com